The M.Sc. Nursing is a post graduate programme of two years duration leading to a Degree of Master of Science in Nursing, designed to enable the graduates with a Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing to acquire greater knowledge and understanding in order to function effectively as clinicians, educators and managers and to assume professional leadership.
Post Graduate programme in nursing builds upon and extends competence acquired at the graduate levels, emphasizes application of relevant theories into nursing practice, education administration and development of research skills.
The programme prepares nurses for leadership position in nursing and health fields who can function as nurse specialists, consultants, educators, administrators and researchers in a wide variety of professional setting in meeting the national priorities and the changing needs of the society.
On completion of the two years M.Sc. Nursing programme, the post-graduate will be able to:
- Utilize/apply the concept, theories and principles of nursing science.
- Demonstrate advance competence in practice of nursing.
- Practice as a nurse specialist.
- Demonstrate leadership qualities and to function effectively as nurse educator and manager.
- Demonstrate skill in conducting nursing research, interpreting and utilizing the finding from health related research.
- Demonstrate the ability to plan and effect change in nursing practice and in the health care delivery system.
- Establish collaborative relationship with members of other disciplines.
- Demonstrate interest in continued learning for personal and professional advancement.
Duration – Two (2) years full time.
Intake – 10 students per annum.
a. Medical Surgical Nursing: 05
b. Mental Health (Psychiatric) Nursing: 03
c. Obstetrics & Gynecology Nursing: 02
Medium of Instruction – English
The candidates should be a Registered Nurse and Midwife or equivalent with any State Nursing Registration Council.
The minimum education requirements shall be the passing of B.Sc. Nursing / B.Sc. Hons-Nursing / Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing with minimum of 55% aggregate marks.
Minimum one year of work experience after Basic B.Sc. Nursing.
Minimum one year of work experience after Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing.
Candidates shall be medically fit.
Admission based on merit and interview at Institute.
Fees – As per Shikshan Shulk Samiti.
Faculty – Faculty highly qualified in Nursing and Medical Sciences and approved by Maharashtra Health University.
Internal Assessment at institute and final examination is conducted by the Maharashtra University of Health Sciences every year.
Standard of passing
Fifty percent (50%) marks in both Internal and University examination.
Each student has to undergo the clinical experience prescribed by Indian Nursing Council and Maharashtra Health University each year with 95-100% attendance.
- The Government of Maharashtra
- Maharashtra Nursing Council, Mumbai
- Maharashtra University of Health Sciences, Nashik.
- Indian Nursing Council, New Delhi.