The PhD. Nursing is a post graduate programme of three years duration leading to a Degree of Doctorate of Philosophy in Nursing, designed to enable the research scholar in Nursing to acquire greater knowledge and understanding in nursing science and research in order to function effectively as clinicians, educators and managers and to assume professional leadership.
The programme prepares nurses with Master’s Degree as a researcher for leadership position in nursing and health fields who can function as nurse specialists, consultants, educators, administrators and researchers in a wide variety of professional setting in meeting the national priorities and the changing needs of the society.
The affiliating University MUHS conducts the centralized admission Examination for entry into PhD Nursing. For further details refer to:
On completion of the three years PhD. Nursing programme, the graduate will be able to:
- Utilize/apply the concept, theories and principles of nursing research into practice.
- Demonstrate advance competence in application of nursing research.
- Practice as a nurse researcher.
- Demonstrate leadership qualities and functions effectively as nurse educator and manager and researcher.
- Demonstrate skill in conducting nursing research, interpreting and utilizing the finding from health related research.
- Demonstrate the ability to plan and effect change in nursing practice and in the health care delivery system.
- Establish collaborative relationship with members of other disciplines for inter disciplinary researches.
- Demonstrate interest in continued learning for personal and professional advancement.
Duration – Three (3) years part time.
Intake – 08 students per guide.