Student Nurses Association (SNA) & Student Welfare Committee
SNA is an associate organization of ‘The Trained nurse association of India’. The main idea behind the establishment of the SNA Association was to uphold in every way the dignity and honor of the nursing profession and to promote team spirit. SNA Unit encourages the budding nurses to participate in various activities and helps in physical, mental and spiritual health of every individual. SNA unit in MKSSS BAKUL TAMBAT INSTITUTE OF NURSING EDUCATION was established in the year 2001 under the guidance of the Principal Dr. Meena Ganapathy.
Promoting an all-round development of the students with special attention to be intellectually enlightened, socially committed, emotionally balanced, and spiritually inspired and morally upright nurses, able to contribute their maximum for the upliftment of the society and be effective agents of change for the better, in the present fast changing society.
Objectives:The students will be able to:
- To increase the students social contacts & general knowledge of the nursing profession in all its different branches and aspects.
- Help the students to develop the leadership qualities that help them to reach miles in the field of nursing.
- Perform curricular and extracurricular activities.
- Conduct regular meetings
- Participate actively in the various competitions at regional/state/national level.
- Develop a team spirit in all the students.
Activities of the SNA unit:
- General body meeting where the students expressed their views and ideas for planning of various activities.
- To conduct educational activities such as Quiz competition, AIDS day celebration.
- Organization of sports, cultural, and fund raising and professional programmes such as college week, TNAI competitions and various other activities.